Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Four Americans in Paris

That old cliche says, "a picture is worth a thousand words", so I thought I would let all of the pictures from our gallivanting around Paris do most of the talking.  I was actually in class the majority of the time that Mom, Nora, and Jonathan were here, but we still managed to venture out and explore a little bit.

On Saturday, we made the trek long metro ride up to Montmartre.

We toured inside the BEAUTIFUL Sacre Couer Basilica
We looked like total tourists as I read out loud to Nora everything she wanted to know and more about Sacre Coeur.  Jonathan was really interested in the history lesson.


This is where we ate lunch.  It was really, really cute, but the service was pretty terrible.  Our waiter left in the middle of our lunch.  Typical French.
This was our DELICIOUS meal.  Meat, carrots, and potatoes - oh my!  It was perfect for the chilly and rainy October afternoon.
 We had a really great afternoon, but sadly, Mom and Nora had to leave the next morning.  Jonathan, however, stayed for another week!  More details to come on that later.

It wouldn't be right to recount their visit without also mentioning the pastry practical I had while they were here that kept us miserably stuffed all weekend....CROISSANTS AND PAIN AU CHOCOLAT!!!  I had been patiently waiting the entire session to make them, and they were lucky enough to be here when I did!  Let me tell you...I made enough for an entire army, and they were ALL gone within 3 days...record timing.

Just looking at them makes me hungry.  I think I will have to get a croissant on the way to class today...

- a tout à l’heure

No comments:

Post a Comment