Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello World!

Bonjour y’all, and welcome to my new blog! Being this open and honest with the virtual world is quite new to me, but I felt that a blog would be a fantastic way to keep all of my friends and loved ones at one home abreast of my adventures in ol’ Paris! I guess it would be fitting to start out with a quick recap as to how I wound up on this crazy exciting journey…well, I graduated from The University of Georgia in May 2008 with a degree in Marketing and a minor in Art History. I had contemplated the idea of either going to culinary school or graduate school for art history after graduation, and I decided on the grad school route. While applying to various schools, I took a sales support position at a logistics company in Atlanta, and I quickly realized that a 07:00-17:00 desk job was not for me at this point in my life. I was accepted to an art history program, but it was not my dream school, so I decided to go down a different road. This past October, while I was trying to sort out my next step, my world was shattered when my older brother unexpectedly passed away. The past ten months have been incredibly difficult and tumultuous, but they have made me realize that life is too short to not follow your passion…which brings me to the present! I have enjoyed cooking all of my life in large part to my grandfather, who opened my eyes at a very young age and taught me that there is more to life than grilled cheese sandwiches. I decided I needed some adventure in my life, so that is when I applied to Le Cordon Bleu! It has been quite a whirlwind from the moment I accidentally hit the submit button on my application. I look forward to sharing all of my daily experiences in Paris and beyond with all of you!

- à tout à l’heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment