Thursday, August 19, 2010

See You Across The Pond!


I just said my "see you soons" to Jonathan :( and ate my last number 4 from Chick Fil A (spicy chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and unsweet tea with lemon -- oh, how I will miss you!), and the time has finally come to get this thing started!  I am currently sitting here at Hartsfield, anxiously dreaming about the glass of champagne that awaits me in business class (hopefully we make it up there or I may have to steal one on the way to the bathroom….) Scratch that --- As I was writing that very statement, the lovely gate agent called out ours names, and mom and I are in 6G and 6F --- Hello first class!! 

Here is my issue:  I still don’t feel really nervous, which is pretty strange for me, considering I am always worrying about something going on.  Should I be concerned that I am not nervous?  Is something wrong?  Maybe I am growing up and maturing and realizing that life is too short to worry about every single minut detail of life.  Eh, probably not…I am willing to bet it is actually the fact that it still hasn’t hit me that I am actually going to live in Paris. Alone.  Who knows?  Anyway, it is almost time to push back from the gate, so I should probably obey the rules and pack up  my computer.  Next stop: Paris!

The Fearless Travelers

- à tout à l’heure!

5 comments:

  1. I don't do goodbyes!! You know that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play nice children.

    Laura, saw this article and thought it might be a good day for a rainy Paris afternoon:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38746473/ns/travel-destination_travel/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not "good day". I mean "good idea".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks bowl!! That looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete